Sunday 28 August 2011

The fragrance of a Diva

This is not my first blog. I started writing my first blog on Yahoo! 360, ages ago. I still have it and still go through what I posted there a lifetime ago.

Then, after an almost 4-year break, I started writing one professional blog in my own language.

Then, bored with the professional, I started writing something that crosses time management and life lessons and some of the fiction I dream of publishing...

But none of these seem like the right place to write about perfume... :-)

I grew up in a world where if you had Rexona, you were set. Funny to remember that now, but it was the way things were. I didn't have Rexona... But I had this lovely fragrance called "Farmec" - Charm, in English. I loved the violet one - it was as dark and mysterious as I felt.

I got my first real perfume at the beginning of this millenium. I don't remember the year. It was Envy from Gucci. My aunt gave it to me and I thought it was the best thing I had ever smelled, although it gave me headaches.

It lasted quite some time. I got my next fragrance in 2006, circa April or May. It was Omnia Crystalline from Bulgari. I loved this one - didn't give me any headaches and was just this side of sweet.

And then, at some point in 2007, after I finished Omnia, I finally got my life's perfume... one that is mixed with my blood... one that people say: "Oh, it has to be M! She's the only one who wears this perfume like this!"... one that is imprinted in my pillows... You get the idea... :-)

Somewhere in 2007, I bought my first Burberry London. And since then, it's been Burberry London or Brit for me. Nothing else.

I don't know why this particular perfume makes me feel like I rule the world. It may be because it starts off strong and fills the air with the scents of rich woods and exotic flowers, and then gradually tones down to more discreet fragrances... It's maybe because of its sweetness and strength, humour and joy - it just seems like a very happy perfume to me. It's the elegance. The attitude. The richness of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment