Sunday 28 August 2011

Why Diva, Inc.?

Hello, world!

It takes a long time for Divas to get to it, which is what happened with me. I wanted to post this a while back, but I got sidetracked by my many activities and basically by procrastination over the weekend.

I have had the pleasure of meeting quite a number of Divas in my day - I am not that old, so occasions keep rising. But until a while ago, no one mentioned that I was a Diva.

So, I am thinking... Ok, what in the world is a Diva, anyway?

According to Webster(www.webster.com), a diva is a "prima donna" or a " usually glamorous and successful female performer or personality <a fashion diva>; especially : a popular female singer <pop divas>"...

If I were to go by this definition, I do not fit the mark... I've kept my singing to myself for longer than I can remember, and my fashion taste even creeps my imaginary Vampire cat friend, Gilda.

But I love the way the whole word sounds, so I decided to heck with it, I want to be a diva and I am going to re-define it till it fits me.

Moi, as the Diva-in-the-making have my very own teachers to thank: Mama, Inc. (and now you see who's inspiring my blog name),  my African Mama and some other hot mamas I met and know mostly virtually.

And this is a tribute to all these beautiful ladies, whom I almost never get to thank enough for being my friends in the one place where all our thoughts meet and resonate.

Much love to you, my Divas!

No comments:

Post a Comment